In Middle School, our hallways are alive with the energy and enthusiasm that students bring with them each day. It is an exciting time as sixth, seventh, and eighth graders explore their curiosity for learning through lively collaborative activities and hands-on experiences.
The BEST THINGS about an ASD Middle School Experience:
- Our curriculum is designed to prepare students to meet the rigors and challenges of high school and beyond. Language-rich classrooms allow students to fully engage in deeper learning and effective teamwork.
- Our teachers strive to engage students in memorable learning opportunities and provide each student with just the right challenge to grow to their fullest potential.
- Students quickly develop the technological skills to succeed in the 21st century, as every middle school student is provided with a Chromebook laptop computer.
- Our students have multiple extracurricular and enrichment opportunities. Student have the freedom to choose to join enrichment programs including American Sign Language (ASL) Bowl, the Robotics Team, Battle of the Books, Cooking Club, Chess Club, STEM Club, Jr. National Association of the Deaf, and our Mindfulness Group. We also have an outstanding athletic program including football, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, track and field, and Special Olympics.
- Students enjoy positive relationships within the school and outside of school. Friendships are forged during these important years that last a lifetime.